Monday, December 24, 2012

Thankful for His Answer

This Thanksgiving I am thankful. With each passing year, I grow more thankful than the last. This year, I am thankful for the Lord's specific answer to my prayers when I came back from Japan.

I prayed a couple things. First, that He would renew my heart for the women I minister to at Florida State. That one was easy. As soon as I was back with them, I was reminded of what a blessing it is to labor with and for them on campus. Second, I prayed that I would be able to reach the Nations on campus. That one was a little more complicated, but when I met Lusi at the start of the semester and we started reading the book of John together, I saw the faithfulness of the Lord in answering that prayer.

Lusi remains one of the things that I am most thankful for this year! She is a sweet answer to prayer. I look forward to seeing her every week! Keep praying for the Lord to reveal the mystery of the gospel as we read about Jesus together!


Mei and me at my favorite coffee shop in Tallahassee
My final prayer was that I would be able to continue impacting the lives of the Japanese students I came to know and love this summer. I skype with a few of them on a regular basis and we enjoy sharing life together across the world! On a side note, I am also thankful for technology this Thanksgiving!! But would you believe that two of the Japanese women that I became good friends with traveled to America this semester? I've written about Miki's time in Florida in September, and now my friend Mei will be spending a week with me in Tallahassee!! I can't believe it! I serve a faithful God.

Mei will be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in Florida before going to Toronto for 6 months of English language school. Please pray for opportunities for us as Summer Friends (our Florida SIJ team) to continue to invest in her life eternally. Thank you for your faithful prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment