Thursday, October 25, 2012

At the Beach and Around the World

I have been to so many beach retreats, both as a student and as staff, with the Navigators. However, this year was my favorite. Why? Because the Lord reminded me of His goodness and His answer to my prayer for impacting the Nations while I'm stateside. 


Miki, one of my dearest friends I met this summer in Japan, came to Florida to visit us!! She was here during our beach retreat and joined the FSU Navs for a weekend of fun in the sun and time reading the Bible. Not only did Miki join us, but so did another friend I met since returning from Japan. Her name is Lusi and she is a grad student from China. Lusi, Kaylee (a sophomore student) and I have started meeting weekly to read the Bible together this semester, and it has been a highlight each week for all three of us!

What was so awesome was to see how Miki and Lusi became friends. China and Japan are not on the best terms, politically speaking, but on an individual level it was an incredible blessing to watch these two young women become friends- in America! The Nations are here!! I was reminded once again of God's heart for the Nations, and what a gift it is to labor for them on an individual basis. I love Miki and Lusi dearly, and have the best time introducing them to the most important person in my life; Jesus, my savior.


Hannah, who spent the summer with me in Japan, Miki, Lusi and I had an opportunity to read the Bible together at the beach retreat. We read from the gospel of John, discussed who Jesus is, why He came to us, and how we can know Him. These women are hungry for God's word, learning about the life and love of Christ. Would you continue to pray for my time reading the Bible with them? I skype frequently with Miki and we discuss the Bible together, and Lusi, Kaylee and I meet on campus on Wednesdays to read together. It is so exciting to invite you all into what God is doing at Florida State, in the lives of these women, and around the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment