Monday, August 6, 2012

Asking for Continents

While listening to music on shuffle, this song played and made my heart yearn for the nations! Listen closely to the heart behind the words.

You Said by Rita Springer on Grooveshark

Naturally my mind goes to two places: my own country and Japan. These lands need healing. Are we praying for that? I know I need to pray more frequently, daily, for healing. I saw this summer just how plentiful the harvest is, and more importantly, the faithfulness of God.

This has become the cry of my heart. Lord! Please, give us the nations! I want the nations to know Him, my own people to acknowledge that He is God. The islands will see His light as it rises on them. Japan, an island, known as being the Land of the Rising Sun. Lord, I ask for Japan! I plead for the friends I made this summer.

The most beautiful thing about this song is that the words were not written recently by a musician, but thousands of years ago by God himself:

For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:8
For the earth will be filled
    with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord
    as the waters cover the sea. Habakkuk 2:14

Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest. John 4:35

Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
    and the ends of the earth your possession. Psalm 2:8

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad;
    let the distant shores rejoice. Psalm 97:1

Arise, shine, for your light has come,
    and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. Isaiah 60:1

Upon reflecting, a well known quote from Dawson Trotman came to mind:

"Do you know why I often ask Christians, 'What's the biggest thing you've asked God for this week?' I remind them that they are going to God, the Father, and the Maker of the universe. The One who holds the world in His hands. What did you ask God for? Did you ask for peanuts, toys, trinkets, or did you ask for continents?

I want to tell you… it's tragic!

The little itsy-bitsy things we ask of our Almighty God. Sure, nothing is too small--but also nothing is too big. Let's learn to ask from our big God some of those big things He talks about." 
~Dawson Trotman 

Let's ask for continents. Will you join me in praying, in pleading for the nations?

Check out Operation World to learn more about praying for the nations!

http://www.operationworld.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment